What Makes Fauquier County Unique?
Fauquier County can be a rough place to get charged with reckless driving, so make sure you hire a reckless driving attorney that is familiar with Fauquier County.
In Fauquier county, if you a hire a lawyer you may be able to avoid having to go to court for your reckless driving case. Not all drivers can avoid coming to court by hiring a lawyer. Drivers can only avoid appearing in Fauquier County court if they hire a lawyer and the prosecution or the judge is willing to waive the possibility of sentencing the driver to jail.
It takes an experienced attorney to be able to identify which reckless driving cases may involve the likelihood of jail and which ones do not. In Fauquier County any reckless driving case that involves driving 90 mph or faster holds the serious likelihood of jail time.
Typically drivers who are found guilty of driving faster than 90 mphs in Fauquier county General District Court are sentenced to one day in jail for each mile per hour over 90 mphs.
Fauquier County is a small jurisdiction by Northern Virginia standards but it has a rich history. The General District Court was built in 1700’s and John Marshall, arguably one of the most famous US Supreme Court justices in US history, was an attorney in Fauquier County. John Marshall’s life size portrait hands over the judge’s seat in the Fauquier County General District Court.
How Do I Prepare for My Fauquier County Reckless Driving Case?
- The first thing you should do is get a free consultation from a Fauquier County reckless driving lawyer. Its free, it can be done over the phone and there is no real reason not to.
- Write down a brief biography about yourself to give to your attorney. The more your attorney knows about you the more effective your attorney will be in communicating your virtues to the Court.
- Write down a detailed summary of the incident that led to your reckless driving ticket. Give that summary to your lawyer.
- If there was an accident, get a copy of the police accident report from your insurance provider and give it to your lawyer.
- Get a copy of your DMV record and give it to your lawyer.
- If your DMV record is less than perfect, take a Virginia DMV approved driving improvement course.
- If your case involves speeding, get your car’s speedometer calibrated.
- Make sure your lawyer has a copy of the ticket the officer gave you.
If you do all of these things it will empower your reckless driving lawyer to effectively help you at trial.
Call Nichols & Green pllc for a free consultation
If you need a lawyer for your Fauquier County reckless driving case call the law firm of Nichols & Green pllc to get a free consultation. During your consultation we will be happy to discuss your case, the likely outcome of your case, what defenses you may have, what you can do to prepare for your case and give an exact written price quote for our services.
Mr. Nichols has been focusing his practice on reckless driving for years and he is the author of several books on Virginia traffic law, including The Virginia Reckless Driving Handbook (3rd ed.) Garrett Green has defended hundreds of drivers against reckless driving charges and he has more than 25 years of experience practicing law in Virginia.
Our reckless driving lawyers have expertise and experience defending drivers accused of reckless driving in Virginia. Call us today for free consultation and let us share our knowledge with you. (703) 383-9222.