Jump to Navigation

Destruction of Property

Have You Been Accused of Vandalism or Another Property Crime?

If you or your child has been charged with vandalism, destruction of property or injury to property, the accusation generally involves damaging, defacing, removing or destroying someone else’s property; if a school or public building was reportedly damaged, a separate charge may be filed. Conviction can mean a felony or misdemeanor criminal record, restitution or even jail time. It is important to have strong legal representation.

At Nichols & Green PLLC, we provide strategic, aggressive defense against all types of property crimes charges. Our attorneys can help you fight accusations that involve:

  • Graffiti
  • Broken windows
  • Damage that occurred during a party
  • Damage to a private home
  • Damage to a school, library, church or store
  • Arson, which is prosecuted as a felony in Virginia

Our lawyers have successfully represented hundreds of adults and juveniles in misdemeanor and felony matters. We are well known for our legal knowledge, our familiarity with local courts and our intelligent and aggressive defense approach. In representing you against vandalism or property damage charges, we will thoroughly investigate the matter, review the evidence and represent you with the attention and vigor you require.

Misdemeanor or Felony?
Just as the seriousness of a larceny or shoplifting charge will depend on the value of the goods allegedly stolen, a destruction of property charge will be classified as a misdemeanor or felony based on the value of the alleged property damage. In Virginia, destruction of property valued at less than $1,000 is a class 1 misdemeanor (up to 12 months in jail). If the property is worth more than $1,000 then destruction of property is a Class 6 felony (up to 5 years in prison).

Contact a Prince William County Destruction of Property Defense Lawyer

The Fairfax and Prince William destruction of property defense attorneys of Nichols & Green PLLC are here to assist you. We can answer your questions and explain your rights and options during a free consultation. Contact us.

Print Page